Saturday, June 28, 2014

Early Bird

Today I woke up fairly early to hit up the thrift store with my mom. Yay! The earlier you go the better because then you get the first crop, not looked over and ignored clothes. This one I go to never fails, it always has such quality clothes. I've learned over the years of thrifting that if you are looking for a certain style of clothing, look at different demographics of the locations of the stores.  For example,  if you want nice, high fashion clothes, going to a thrift store in a higher-end neighborhood will give the best results.  Also different thrift stores sell differently. Independent consignment shops are typically more expensive & rightly so because they have nicer clothes with brands to match.  Second hand stores such as Salvation Army & Goodwill are a tier down; they aren't expensive by any means but you can find better deals elsewhere. Where I suggest is Value World. Their clothes are ridiculously wallet-friendly, they're everywhere and they have got some great goods!  That is where I went today, I purchased:
Pineapple bookends. I go them for my dorm room next year. They are sturdy and super cool.
A Target sundress. Next year I'm going down south for school and the school is Christian and has a dress code, not a super strict one but I figured if I just wear dresses all the time I won't run into any issues. 
White Ralph Lauren Capri pants. Don't worry, I'm not planning as wearing them as is, I hope to either make them into shorts or work them into boyfriend jeans. 
High waisted shorts w/ embellishments. These shorts are rockin. They have a sun in the front pocket & a butterfly on the back. I saw them and fell in love.
A wolf tee.  This shirt is just really cool and these kinds of shirts are just necessary in every wardrobe!
Hope you enjoy! Comment below 
xx 







No comments:

Post a Comment