Thursday, June 12, 2014

Too Stressed to Wear Distressed

Holes in clothes was acceptable in the 90's, everyone did it.  These days, people can no longer tell the difference between purposeful grunge holes and accidental "I've had this shirt for years and don't care" holes.  I know, I know, you shouldn't care what people think and stuff but I don't really want anyone to think that I just threw a shirt on and cared so little that I ignored the gaping holes in it, that's not how I roll.
I got this shirt a few years ago from the thrift store, it's a Lucky Brand Janis Joplin shirt and I loved it but when I looked it over I realized it had holes; there was no way I could have let this shirt pass me by so I bought the shirt.  I always struggled to wear this shirt with something and have it look more high fashion so I would tuck it in or knot it to hide the holes even though I loved how the shirt looked on its own.
 I threw this shirt on with some simple shorts and Converse but it didn't vibe very well with the look so I decided to add a couple things to fancy it up a bit and make the whole outfit have a purpose.  To accomplish this, I put on some red lipstick and mixed metallic rings, things that still give the grunge look in a tasteful way. 
Don't stress rockin' the distressed; all you need is some accessories or great shoes to complete it. 
Enjoy and comment below what you think! xx

L to R: Ireland, H&M, PacSun, a friend

Pure Thrifted Outfit

No comments:

Post a Comment