Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Monochromatic



Today as I woke up at crack of dawn (7:40) for work, I was not feeling the whole look nice and try thing but like most working folk I have to look nice everyday. 
I was looking through my closet and I picked out this dress for the sole purpose that I had never worn it before and it's hot out so I didn't want to wear pants. For my shoes I just tried on the ones I wore to see how it looked and I thought it looked fine. Then I figured I needed to give the dress some shape so I added a belt. As I checked everything out when I finished getting ready, I realized I inadvertently matched everything  and I liked how it looked.  This was one of the first times I have put together a matched look but I realized, all those mornings that I really really really don't feel like taking to time to pick out an outfit, I can just pick one piece and coordinate color-wise with that. Monochromatic looks can be very chic, especially with black, however you want to avoid being too matchy-matchy. It helped that my dress had a few subtle colors through the print and that my belt had a silver chain which gave a little of edge to it, keeping the look coherent with my personal style.  
Enjoy and comment below what you think! 
Xx
Photos taken by Lisa Erdmann

{pure thrifted outfit}

         
     





No comments:

Post a Comment